This page holds news feeds from the sites of my interest and, of course,
it gets updated automagically using
- Study provides evidence to suggest that Earth's first mass extinction was caused by the appearance of complex animals capable of altering their environments, rather than a catastrophic event.
- Climate change will have irreversible and unprecedented impacts on crucial ocean microorganisms that could trigger dramatic effects further up the food chain, according to a new study.
- Three trillion trees live on Earth, but there would be twice as many without humans, study in Nature shows
- Botox as a potential treatment for cluster headaches: Pilot study involving 10 patients showed a 50% reduction in weekly attack frequency following botox injection.
- Antipsychotic Drugs Often Given to Intellectually Disabled in Absence of Mental Illness
- Neuron responsible for alcoholism found - could possibly lead to treatment of other addiction
- A new study of children aged 8-15 pinpoints exactly how much drinking sugared beverages can affect cholesterol, which can contribute to heart disease and diabetes
- Researchers working with mice believe there's hope for patients with fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva, also called "stone man syndrome," a rare genetic disorder that turns their muscle into bone, in essence immobilizing them in an extra skeleton.
- Governments climate action would see warming well beyond 2˚C - Climate Action Tracker
- The simple parenting strategy of helping toddlers understand emotion may reduce behavioral problems later on. Toddlers with higher risk, specifically those with more behavioral problems and from the most disadvantaged families, benefited most from being taught about emotion by their mothers.
- PLOS Science Wednesday: Hi, we're Caitlin Dunn, Deborah McFarland and Kelly Callahan, and we published a study in PLOS NTDs about how onchocerciasis (river blindness) programs helped achieve the aims of certain Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) — Ask Us Anything!
- Gene therapy rescues dying cells in the brains of Alzheimer's patients
- Reseachers find a new way to kill cancers driven by MYC (30% of the most deadly cancers) by inhibiting a molecular machine within the cancer cell called the spliceosome
- Ketogenic Diet Impairs FGF21 Signaling and Promotes Differential Inflammatory Responses in the Liver and White Adipose Tissue
- A new study is showing that rapid evolution can occur in response to environmental changes.
- "Warning that the constitutional rights of tens of millions of Americans are being violated, a federal judge said Wednesday that he's eager to expedite a lawsuit seeking to shut down the National Security Agency's controversial program to collect data on large volumes of U.S. telephone calls."
- Elon Musk: Tesla Model 3 to cost $35K, preorders start in March
- Cable-Box Rentals: A Needless $19-Billion Industry. But letting customers buy their own would force cable companies to improve their equipment
- Steve Jobs 'played no role at all' in designing the Apple I or Apple II computers, Woz says
- Undercover FBI agents spy on Burning Man festival to prevent 'terrorism' and test out new 'intelligence collection' technology
- Indiana State Police won’t give up stingray records due to “terrorism” risk: "The FBI can write these all they want, but there's no enforcement mechanism."
- Elon Musk says humanity is currently running 'the dumbest experiment in history'
- Elon Musk confirms the Tesla Model X will start at $80,000 – deliveries start Sept 29th
- Hulu Starts a Commercial Free Option to Rival Netflix and Amazon
- Google is going to start punishing websites that force full-screen app install ads on your phone
- Getty Images demands license payment for Awkward Penguin!
- Technology should emancipate workers, not oppress them "Thanks to a recent New York Times exposé of work conditions at Amazon, the world now knows that the e-commerce giant’s ability to quickly and easily deliver an expansive list of items comes with a side of white-collar worker misery"
- Encrypted email service Tutanota celebrates one year of open source: Only by allowing people to watch the code and to build it locally it's possible that the community can find bugs/flaws which is crucial to any securtiy service.
- Comcast: Charging $30 to Avoid Usage Caps is Us Being 'Fair'
- Amazon, Netflix, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla And Others Partner To Create Next-Gen Video Format - It’s not often we see these rival companies come together to build a new technology together, but the members argue that this kind of alliance is necessary to create a new interoperable video standard.
SHREDDIT! - snowboarding news, places, gear, video, pics and people
- Daily Discussion: /r/Snowboarding General Discussion, Q&A, Advice, Etc.) -- September 01, 2015
- Daily Discussion: /r/Snowboarding General Discussion, Q&A, Advice, Etc.) -- September 02, 2015
- Another old guy boarder.
- Dads Vintage Burton Backhill
- 2032 Teaser
- Alpine snowboarding: interested in hard boots and harder turns?
- My roommates (aka Baby Park Lords) put out episode 2 of their footage. Fun closing day edit from Copper Mountain and Snowy Range, WY.
- Living in Reno, working in Tahoe
- Snowboarding Edit Jump, Rail,Everything! Give some love
- Artifact vs. Butterknife
- Looking for advice for my next board.
- Rendered Useless teaser just dropped. Peep it
- Snowboard Freestyle Addiction GoPro !
- SNIAGRAB & Powderdaze Labor Day - Denver
- Who's got some sick snowboard edits?